Participate in Direct to Open
As a supporting library you will:
- Contribute to the opening of around 80-90 monographs on publication;
- Receive one year of access to the corresponding monographs backfile (~ 2,500 titles in the complete D2O collection) even if the model is not successful;
- Receive 25% discounting on other eBook Collections on MIT Press Direct.
Direct to Open takes your institutional size, type, and collections budget into account. This approach means granular pricing tiers to ensure the lowest possible fees for participating libraries. If you are interested in becoming a supporting library, please get in contact so that we can:
- Build a customized prospectus for your institution or consortium;
- Follow up to talk through the model and answer questions you have.
Contact our library relations team at email@example.com to begin the conversation.
“The STEAM collection was an excellent and cost-effective fit for us, as art and various engineering fields have comprised the bulk of our MIT press titles purchased in recent years. Our contribution to D2O was less than we usually spend on MIT Press books in STEAM fields, and provides much broader access than our usual title-by-title purchases. Our participation in D2O is part of a broader OA strategy in our collections. It contributes to the development of scholar-led, sustainable OA monograph publishing models, while also providing immediate benefits in the form of backfile access.”
—University Libraries, George Mason University
We are adding resources to this area on a regular basis as they become available. Return often for new documents and information.
- Prospectus with Fees
- Backfile Title List
- MARC records (direct download)
- Informational Flyer
- Shareable D2O Social Graphics
- D2O Social Sharing Kit