2021 Impact Factor: 7.179
2021 Google Scholar h5-index: 35
ISSN: 0162-2889 E-ISSN: 1531-4804
International Security, the #2 journal in International Relations based on 2021 impact factor, publishes lucid, well-documented essays on the full range of contemporary security issues. Its articles address traditional topics of war and peace, as well as more recent dimensions of security, including environmental, demographic, and humanitarian issues, transnational networks, and emerging technologies.
International Security has defined the debate on US national security policy and set the agenda for scholarship on international security affairs for more than forty years. The journal values scholarship that challenges the conventional wisdom, examines policy, engages theory, illuminates history, and discovers new trends.
International Security is published by the MIT Press, and sponsored and edited by the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University.
- The causes and prevention of war
- U.S.-China relations
- Great power politics
- Ethnic conflict and intra-state war
- Terrorism and insurgency
- Regional security in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America
- U.S. foreign and defense policy
- International relations theory
- Diplomatic and military history
- Cybersecurity and defense technology
- Political economy, business, and security
- Nuclear proliferation
- #2 in International Relations (Impact Factor: 7.179, 2021 Journal Citation Reports)
- #2 in Military Studies (2021 Google Scholar Metrics)
- #8 in Law (2021 SCImago Journal & Country Rank)