To submit a manuscript to International Security (IS), log on to Editorial Manager, an online content management system used by more than 6,000 journals. You can access the site at http://www.editorialmanager.com/isec.
Please register as an author and follow the instructions for submitting a manuscript. If you have any questions or encounter problems, please let us know by clicking "Contact Editorial Office" in the main navigation bar.
- A length of 10,000 to 15,000 words (including footnotes) is appropriate, but the journal will consider and publish longer manuscripts. Authors of manuscripts with more than 18,000 words should consult the journal's editors before submission.
- Delete your name or any references that might identify you from the manuscript. IS does not release authors' names to outside reviewers and, likewise, does not release reviewers' names to authors.
- Include a cover letter.
- Submit your manuscript as a Word document. Do not send a PDF document.
- For readability, please double-space the text of your submission and use a 12 pt. serif font. Also, please add page numbers.
- Include a summary of 150 to 200 words.
For detailed submissions guidelines, please visit our website.
For answers to other specific questions, please consult the journal's style sheet.
Peer Review Taxonomy
International Security and the MIT Press are participating in a pilot of STM's Working Group on Peer Review Taxonomy.
Background statement: "STM, the International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers, has recognised a need to identify and standardise definitions and terminology in peer review practices in order to help align nomenclature as more publishers use open peer review models. A peer review taxonomy that is used across publishers will help make the peer review process for articles and journals more transparent, and will enable the community to better assess and compare peer review practices between different journals."
- Identity transparency: Double Anonymized
- Reviewer interacts with: Editor
- Review information published: None